Relationship goals vary from couple to couple but one thing every grouping shares is that they want their relationship to work. Some people want their relationship goal to be drama free, while others would like more adventure. Yet, if I were to ask you if you’ve discussed these “relationship goals” with your partner in detail…many of you would look me straight in the eye and say, “Are you crazy?” Why would I discuss that with them?
Instantly improve your relationship by improving your listening skills
If you were to stop 10 couples on the street…anywhere, the response would be the same, “My partner doesn’t listen to me!” And they’re not referring to taking out the garbage or some other chore around the house (I mean, that too, but)–they are referring to active listening skills.
Should I Text a Guy Before a First Date?
Approximately 5. 4.2 billion+ people text worldwide. (MBA Online) You’re a part of that number, so should you text a guy before a first date? The answer truly depends on the situation, but more likely than not, the answer is a resounding NO! If the date has been set and you have all the pertinent info like: time, place, an exit strategy (hey, it’s 2016) — why text? Oh I know, you’re feeling excited and want him to know you’re thinking of him (insert smiley face emoji). Bad move. And here’s why.
Dating has caught up to the technology available today and there has been no other time frame where options for meeting people are vast yet people still feel so alone. It’s like riding on a subway train in New York yet, no one sits next to you.
Whether you’re swiping left on Tinder, winking at someone online or clicking on a tab to start a conversation through a location based app–there are 3 things to keep in mind when it comes to dating because no matter what year it is, certain things about human nature don’t change.
- Prescreen but don’t stalk: you will find something that doesn’t appeal and have no real facts to base this on except an active imagination and a quick googling finger. You’ll want to ask for a “now selfie” and you’re smart, sexy and confident so you offer the good first. And if there is hesitation or something is off in their response then something’s is stinky.
- Take to IRL ASAP – once you feel a spark you’ll want to talk and see where this leads. I mean over the phone, not texting or any other messaging applications. Learn their inflections, humor style and see if there’s reason to meet. If there is, do it.
- Keep your expectations in check. Have an intent for going on the date. I’ve always kept it to three things: 1. I will learn more about them. 2. They will learn more about me. 3. Have fun.
What apps or dating sites are you having luck with? Did I mention I met my husband through an app?
Dr. Diana Kirschner was a frequent guest on The Today Show and starred in the PBS TV Special Finding Your Own True Love. She is the best-selling author of Love in 90 Daysand—just out now on Kindle— Find Your Soulmate Online in Six Simple Steps. Dr. Diana has helped thousands all over the world use online dating in the most wonderful way—to find a passionate lasting Soulmate connection! Her free Dating Tips & Relationship Advice newsletter is available at www.lovein90days.com.
And in today’s post, Nando interviews renowned relationship expert + best selling author Dr. Diana Kirschner to help you get one step closer to love.
In this interivew we will discuss the do’s and don’ts of online love + explore the great advice Dr. Diana Kirschner has on finding true love via the internet.
- The dos and don’t of an online dating profile
- Catfishing + the money making industry involved in it
- How many soul mates does a person really have?
- 3 Things to boost your online dating experience–RIGHT NOW!
Click the play button below to listen