Occupation: William is a web designer and Emilia works in fashion PR
You’re likely to bump into their kind: In Meatpacking District, using their break to check out the fashion trends.
Their favorite clothes store: Yigal Azrouel. We were actually standing in front of it.
Their favourite neighborhood: Nolita!
Fashion Friday Tip: Accessorize, people! Make your office outfits adorable, show that you like to play! William’s hat is a great example of how much more interesting can your outfit get. And Emilia’s red sunglasses are totally cool. Two more details I love about these folks’ outfits! Look at the length of William’s pants. Exactly! The boy understands it so well, oh so well! I think that in general we wear our pans and sleeves too long. The shorter, the funkier 😉 And Emilia’s shoes. Perfection!
Boys and girls, this week I’m brining you something I know will add colour to your life and therefore make you happy. (Yes, colour = happy). I have been on the market for new headphones for ages. Firstly the general Apple ones are not made to fit my ears. They are extremely uncomfortable and fall off while running or generally doing anything at the gym. Annoying. Secondly, I seem to have misplaced my other headphones. Most likely left them in a plane, train or taxi. Very annoying.
So you can imagine my delight when I came across Urbanears (All the colours of the rainbow = very happy me.) I was sucked in their online world with the whip splash. I am in head phone heaven. Not only do they do they different types of headphones, plattan (the classic headphone), medis (with a special Ear Click design to keep them from slipping)and the new baggis, they do them in pretty much every colour you can imagine! From the blights orange, yellow, red, green and blue to the more muted of grey, brown and black. Basically something for everyone. Winner! The only problem I have now is to pick a pair, not only according colour but style as well. Fast forward me ordering every style in couple of colours. Ooops.
The best thing about Urbanears? Sound quality + colour = amaze. The sound quality knocked me down. Rihanna’s S&M sounded even better than it did before. The sound is very full, warm and crystal clear. SoundHeaven. I would strongly advice you all to have a good look at Urbanears. You now have a chance to match your gym shorts, shoes, belt, speedo (basically anything) to your headphones. Or add some colour to your suited and booted look.
I am going to have a lot of fun playing with these, mix and match with items from the wardrobe, all the while listening to my favourite tunes with amazing clarity.
We all have one – an alter ego. You know that little voice that tells you that it’s ok to eat that extra piece of cake, or to call in sick just to have a fun day, or even to go ahead and have unprotected sex because it feels better! Now I’m not suggesting you follow everything it tells you to do, but it doesn’t hurt to hear it out every now and then.
Very few people will ever know you as well as your own Black Swan. When you think about it, it’s the side of us that pushes our moral limits, challenges us to do things that we would not otherwise do. In the proverbial mirror of life, they are the reflections of ourselves that crave attention, danger, sex, excitement, and freedom from the mundane. And I say, let loose the alter ego from time to time. Let the Black Swan fly free – in moderation of course.
Mr. Black Swan’s top 5 dating tips for 1st dates
1. Always, always, always have a creative escape plan – long gone are the days of having a friend call you in the middle of the date to bail you out. Not only is it obvious, but it’s just so cliché and frankly it requires too much timing. If you’re ready to leave after the first 15 minutes, you’re shit outta luck until your friend calls you (usually 30min-1hour). Try bringing note cards with you that have dating affirmations written on them. (Example: You’re pretty! He’s going to like you for you! You’re an amazing conversationalist! etc…) And when the date starts to go bad, accidentally drop them on the floor and allow him to pick them up. Then feign in embarrassment and ask to be taken home.
2. There is nothing wrong with being prepared to have sex on the first date! So, be sure to trim the hedges (advice for men: The tree always looks taller when the hedges have been trimmed) and flush out the pipes!!! Bring more than one condom – just in case (advice for women: there ain’t nothing wrong with supplying your own rubbers)!
3. I say skip all the getting to know you conversation bullshit – if it’s ‘meant to be’ there will plenty of time for that later. Hit the down and dirty button and put all your kinky cards on the table!! Talk about what makes your toes curl and what makes your skin crawl. Get it out in the open so that when sex does happen there are no awkward moments. Whatever you’re into…toys, role-playing, S&M, feet, butt funk, belly button lint – it doesn’t matter. There’s nothing more awkward than pulling out nipple clamps and anal beads in front of an unsuspecting victim. Trust me, I know.
4. Whatever you do on the date, think of something that you can say is the first time you’ve done or had (even if it’s not). Example: “OMG- this is delicious! This is the first time I’ve ever eaten Fettuccini Alfredo!” Something about sharing that first experience with someone makes it feel special. BUT, think wisely, don’t just blurt anything out. There are do’s and don’ts to this.
do = “This is my very first time Salsa Dancing, ever!”
don’t = “This is my first time ever using a condom.”
5. Lastly, don’t worry about impressing your date. If you two are compatible that will happen naturally. Think more about impressing yourself! If you’re not impressed with who you are, your insecurities will show. Be the kind of person you would want to go out with…and if they don’t like it, they weren’t worth it! So go home and seduce yourself!
What about you? How do you get in touch with your Black Swan on a first date? Leave a comment and let’s start the discussion!