The word Bromance was originally coined by author/editor Dave Carnie in “Big Brother Magazine” sometime in the 1990s. We’ve known about their existence with famous man-friends like: Bill & Ted, Burt & Ernie, Lenny & Squiggy, but Brody Jenner took it to the next level. So what is a bromance? According to wisegeek.com:
a bromance is a very close friendship between two heterosexual men, classically two single heterosexual men. Men in a bromance are sometimes said to be “bromosexual,” and they may be accused of having “man crushes,” even though their relationship is not, in fact, sexual in nature.
With so much man-love going around, can any one of these man groupings ever be a little more than meets the eye? And if so, what are the sings that a bromance is really just gay on the DL? Women, if you’ve been asking yourself if your man and his buddy Jack might be more than bromosexuals, here are the top 10 signs that their bromance is truly just Gay on the Down Low.
1. When either one leaves a photo comment on Facebook that say, “Damn, you’re hot bro! See you Friday.”
2. When they no longer bump fist, but hold hands when they see one another.
3. It’s no longer a Bromance when they consult one another on underwear selections.
4. It’s a Gay on the DL Bromance when the quick “two-kisses on the cheek” turns into one long kiss…with tongue.
5. When they prefer hanging out with their “friend” over you. (Did I mention it’s to spend time together, naked)
6. It’s no longer a Bromance when they buy each other Valentine’s card filled with condoms & lube (with a note attached that reads, “soon, real soon”)
7. It’s Gay on the DL if they exchange masturbation tips…and it’s live…on the same couch (I’m talking real-time, baby).
8. It’s no longer a Bromance but Gay on the DL when the photo that pops up for them has a heart frame around it and the ring tone is any song by Taylor Swift.
9. They cancel your yearly vacation because they scored two Lady Gaga tickets! (Did I mention, you’re not invited?)
10. When they offer to clean each other’s foreskin when showering at the gym, although it may seem harmless, ladies, somethings amiss.
Now that you’ve read the post, is a little conversation with your man due? Leave a comment!