Having Sex With Your Gay Best Friend

Dorothy-and-the-Scarecrow-the-wizard-of-oz-While doing research for my book, I found this naughty article on a woman who had repeated sex with her Gay best friend. I was in shock. I was mortified. I was sick to my stomach. Well, it might have been the bad Chinese food I ate the day before–but I really think it was the article. In this piece, she described having sex with her GBF over and over again throughout their “gayship,” you know, their gay girl/guy relationship. Eeeek, I was in Shock. I was mortified. I was…Oh, I said that already? And for this fornicating duo, in the end, it cost them their friendship.

I do know of this exact thing happening to a super gay queen-friend of mine. He got drunk while she complained about her husband and BAM–he was going down on her quicker than Kirstie Alley on a stack of blueberry flapjacks. He admits to taking quick intervals of alcohol breaks to get the taste of pennies out if his mouth. I don’t even want to know what that means. He also admits that during this hot one-night stand with his straight girlfriend, he’s not fully sure if they “did the deed” or not because he kept his eyes closed the entire time while imaging Tom Skerritt from Steel Magnolias. (Mind you, this is the guy that cried on the set of Sesame Street because Maria cursed him out for being “too queeny” on the set)

As I thought about the situation, the more I thought how it defied the laws of Gay nature. Sure, you can have sex with your GBF, but what’s that gonna do for you in the long run? Have sex with a  carrot or a zebra why don’tcha? It’s just not natural. Men where meant to have sex with men, it’s in the bible–look it up, page 345, and straight women were made to sleep with straight boys. Yes, in the article, both parties were full-blown participants (no pun intended), but yikes! I can’t imagine it ever happening to me. Oooh, I just got sick again. Maybe I’m more of a queen that I’d like to admit. Oy! Does that mean I have to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race?

But I guess it’s like the reverse in the gay progression, no? Some gays, before coming out, have sex with girls, so why not the other way around? BECAUSE IT’S WRONG! (Sorry, did I say that out loud?) Imagine Carrie Bradshaw and  Stanford,  Jack and Karen (keep a straight-face) or the Tinman and Dorothy, c’mon, we all know he was Gay! (Scared of crows screams out HOMOSEXUAL and don’t get me started on his obsession with lube or his “oil can” as he described it!)  I know, to each his own;  I like red Kool-Aid you might like green, ain’t nothing wrong with that, but in a world where a gayship is sacred, I can’t help but wonder, “Can you have sex with your Gay best friend? or Should you have sex with your Gay  best friend? or better yet, Why would you want to?

What are your thoughts on sleeping with your Gay Best Friend? Leave a comment. (And if you’ve had sex with your Gay best friend–spare me the details. Actually, e-mail them to me–so I can silently judge you) What? I’m Mexican, judging is in my DNA.

26 thoughts on “Having Sex With Your Gay Best Friend

• June 1, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Good Article.

No having sex with your gay best friend is a no no. Even if they want to see “what their missing”, I mean it would feel right for the female but for the male it probably wouldn’t, you know if the equipment works why fix it so to speak. 🙂

• June 2, 2010 at 11:14 am

Child, not sure it would feel right for anybody, especially Jesus. (And by Jesus, I mean the Latin Queen down my block!)

• June 1, 2010 at 8:02 pm

OMG, “get the taste of pennies out of his mouth.” Hysterical. No freakin’ clue what she had going on down there for that but hysterical.
    And hell no, I would not want to sleep with my GBF. One of my gay friends used to cupped my mangoes after a little too much to drink and comment on thier “perfect size and cup-ability”. I was in no way turned on by it and he definitely wasn’t trying anything, maybe just in admiration for the beings.

• June 2, 2010 at 11:15 am

I don’t cup anything unless it creates sperm. PERIOD. My mama taught me better than that!

• June 1, 2010 at 9:15 pm

yuke, couldn’t even imagine doing that with my gay bestest. We are way too close as friends for all that.

• June 2, 2010 at 11:16 am

It doesn’t float my dinosaur but I guess it makes others happy…yuck!

• June 1, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Absolutely not!!!

Aside from the fact that I am involved and saintly at the moment, and the fact that I don’t have a GBF, I would still not do that – given a reasonable degree of sobriety, of course.

Why? Because I absolutely love my gay friends and I even have my inner gay man as a part of my personality (I think), but the vibe of gay men is the opposite of the vibe that works for me in sex. Given a choice between having sex with a gay man or having sex with a woman, I would do a woman – undoubtedly. Well, would greatly depend on the looks. On a second thought.
    .-= Lena´s last blog ..Good match – bad match: love, adequacy and guilt trips =-.

• June 2, 2010 at 11:17 am

You couldn’t have said it better with cotton candy in your mouth and a handful of Mexican Amphetamines!

• June 2, 2010 at 12:35 am

ummmm – never ever ever

• June 2, 2010 at 11:17 am

Makes me wanna sing a Kelly Clarkson song!

• June 2, 2010 at 10:59 am

ok ok, although one has an inni and the other an outtie doesn’t mean they belong together. I love having sex with manly men, and to sleep with my GBF would be like sleeping with a girl, it’s just not meant to be.

And to the person who said “I mean it would feel right for the female but for the male” Blasphemy Child! It would be very awkward for us too. I’m sure my GBF would know nothing about g-spots. 🙂

ta-ta and thx for another great article xox

• June 2, 2010 at 11:18 am

Girl, blasphemy! Blasphemy! Makes me wanna go to church!

• June 2, 2010 at 11:05 am

I would never ever have sex with my GBF. First of all, I can’t imagine it doing anything but decimating the friendship. Second of all, he’s not interested in my parts-and I’m way to much of a narcissist to sleep with a guy who isn’t worshiping the goods.
    I love him buckets, but a huge part of the fun is that we don’t dig each other’s merchandise, so we get to sit back and swap stories. Who wants to meddle with that?
    .-= wanderingmenace´s last blog ..A giant, too many vaginas, and an Iphone =-.

• June 2, 2010 at 11:20 am

Child, if he ain’t worshiping the goods, you might as well not get undressed and just eat a pop tart.

• June 2, 2010 at 11:28 am

Never! You and I have had this discussion! Don’t sleep with each other. What’s the purpose? It’s not going to create something miraculous, i.e. a relationship.

I had the proposals and turned them down for that reason. I knew it wouldn’t work and that was that.

Excellent post.

• June 2, 2010 at 11:37 am

Girl, we had the conversation and we need to go on tour telling the world how this is a big NO NO! it’s like serving peanut butter and liver sandwiches.

• June 4, 2010 at 3:19 am

is soo typical …

being straight, i still can perfectly relate to these GBFs;

i mean, far beyond from wanting to fuck every female in sight, or so … it has actually become a sustainable desire (maybe to repeat some things i have experienced in the past) …

and is very very nice .. to exchange between girly and menly worlds and emotions … and even the touchy touchy part and the whole besties-fuzz etc etc … or shaving side by side in the bathroom …

but is very hard to get (for hetero men) …. once such a thing ended with some mechanic sex as well … it took years for us to resume the relationship, and of course we had reflected this whole “besti-stuff”, which was sth for young girls, and we had moved on …

shit!!

• June 12, 2010 at 7:35 am

Don’t you think it’s less mortifying than gay friends inevitably sleeping together?

Correct me if I am wrong, Nando, but gay men seem unable to keep their hands to themselves when they see another guy.

I am perhaps exaggerating, but I’ve come across so many gay guys who wanted us to have sex before becoming friends, that I became friendless. :p

Excellent content, as usual. 🙂
    .-= Wilmaryad´s last blog ..J’ai Faim: Dieting to Win Him Back =-.

• February 20, 2011 at 11:38 pm

My gay best friend and I have had several sexual encounters. I’d say they’re about monthly. They’ve never planned but when they happy they’re incredibly hot. Both of us are single and have been the closest of friends for years now. I’m sure he’s gay, he’s sure he’s gay but when we’re together it just doesn’t seem to matter. There’s so much love between us and sometimes it takes a physical form. At first it was kind of confusing but we’ve worked through our issues and we’re both really happy with what we’re doing. Sex is a small portion of the beautiful friendship we have and I wouldn’t change it for the world.

• June 27, 2013 at 7:13 am

Thank you!!!!!!! I totally agree, I had sex with a gay friend of mine an he’s one of my best friends. It was amazing and it’s chill and fun! If we both are single and enjoyed it then why not!? I mean sex it sex and you’re only young once, why not enjoy? If both parties enjoy it, there’s no reason why it’s not fine! It kind of makes you closer as well because it makes it so you know each other in other ways. These people on this blog are thinking way too much about this stuff, just enjoy. In the end, each person will find who they really belong with and it won’t hurt your friendship if you just trust one another, which is the most important thing in any friendship or relationship in general.

• February 17, 2013 at 12:53 am

Although I have some very attractive GBF’s, I’d say “NEVER” It’s not worth screwing up the friendship for something that’s bound to be awkward for one or more parties. Plus, it would just feel wrong…sort of like sleeping with a family member. Theres no way the situation could end well.

• February 20, 2013 at 10:30 am